Wednesday 1 January 2014

Yoona and Seung Gi are dating!

A couple isn't allowed to be that good looking!

So I just found out about this rather recently, but yeah these two are dating and I guess that's cool! Good for them!



Now the reason why this is such a big deal for the community is because SM is notorious for quashing dating rumors and also take into account that SNSD are promoting as well, it makes a lot of sense why SM wouldn't confirm it, right?

Well let's take a look at the reasons why SM would want to confirm this...

1. Lee Seung Gi has a nice image.

Now I'm not talking about the fact that he looks like a flower boy, but rather his image is squeaky clean, he has no scandals and the public has no issue with him, the only way Yoona could step up is if she was paired with Won Bin... And I don't think they would look as cute together.

2. Yoona is not your regular idol.

Netizens in Korea have always praised Yoona and Suzy for their looks and recognize them as actresses as opposed to idols in the whole "Idols are inferior to Actresses" mindset that most of them are really stuck too.

So of course with SM's PR departement having that kind of info, they would give the go ahead and say that Yoona would be cool to confirm her relationship.

3. They've been paired already.

I don't mean by fanboys/fangirls either, Dispatch put a report out already and even if SM could dispute that, they run the risk of ruining both Seung Gi and Yoona's image by dragging the incident out longer than they need to (which is where KKS should really take some fucking notes).

The final reason and the biggest one to lead to the confirmation would be this...

4. They are both on "Prime Minister and I" together.

I mean... What better way to promote a Romantic Comedy starring Yoona and Lee Seung Gi, than to actually have them have a relationship out in real life... It adds more to the story of the show as well as give more chance for promotion and they don't have to worry about people talking shit or trying to spread rumours to discredit the show as well...

So much publicity win, it hurts!

(EDIT: My bad, I should've done more research, Lee Seung Gi is not on "Prime Minister and I" with Yoona, I'm sure it is still a good promotion move regardless, but if he was on the show it would've been perfection in regards to publicity... Ah well, perhaps they could be in another drama together).

Overall, I wish these two the best of luck, but even though YG had 2013, I think SM might just take 2014 by storm!

p.s. These two are so cute together~

No comments:

Post a Comment