Thursday 2 January 2014

Girls' Day - "Something" MV Review/Spazz Out

Yura... Why must you be so beautiful?
OMG!!! IT'S OUT NIGGAS, COP THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW!!!

Nah man I need to relax, it's a mature concept and it's Girl's Day... It's gonna be good but it's not gonna be amazing or brilliant or anything, right?

DEAD WRONG MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Watch it here!



Now I'm gonna just talk about the visuals first because if I go into how Minah is ruining my bias list with her voice I will skeet uncontrollably and have an orgasm like the vocalfag I am, so let's leave that til last.

Now don't expect this to be a strip show or something in the "Expectation" variety, it's actually quite more sophisticated and mature, but the girls look fucking sexy anyway. Sojin is killing like always but Hyeri looks so gorgeous with that hairdo, Yura is bringing something nice to the table with her solo shots.

(I don't wanna talk about Minah right now... She's too much for me.)

The song reminds me of Hush at some points but a hell of a lot better, the synths are at the right places and it's chill as fuck in the beginning but it picks up nicely into a Nu-Funk/RnB fusion, but the chorus is so 90's that it makes my eyes water with nostalgia and ears salivate for more Minah vocal runs-- I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

GODDAMN IT BANG MINAH WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HIDING THAT VOICE FOR SO FUCKING LONG, CHRIST ALMIGHTY THE WAY SHE SINGS "SOMETHING" DRIVES ME CRAZY, OMFG!!!

A-hem... I'm done now.

The concept is great, the arrangement was brilliant and the video is nice enough to do the song justice... Overall, Girls' Day did really well with this song and this could easily win K-Pop Song of the Year for 2014... I mean it's doing it right now, what the fuck is the competition when Rain is sucking ass (in comparison of course, his songs aren't that bad).

This is just making me excited for the rest of K-Pop in general... Companies need to step up to the challenge that the girls just put out there. It's go time motherfuckers!

p.s. Minah is now head-to-head with Sojin as my Girls' Day bias...

Now I see why they call her Bang Minah! God damn!

1 comment:

  1. OMG thanks for the biased review lol :) I love Minah

    ReplyDelete