Tuesday 18 August 2015

"Put it on ice b*tch, Dr. Pepper~"

Pikachu? Is that you Pikachu? T^T
Ohhh boy... This gem.




I'm not even gonna follow the usual review format for this one... So bare with me whilst I channel something buried deep within me for a hot minute.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? WHAT IS IT EVEN?!

Everybody half-assed this shit, except maybe Riff Raff he was probably giving his life to his rap, he's just terrible.

Diplo, the fuck man? I like you... The track you did with Skrillex and Bieber that was dope! That was the first time anyone  has made me bop to a Bieber track like that, I played that shit at my cousin's birthday party and everybody was turnt the fuck up to it.

Where Are U Now is not only innovative (utilizing Dutch House and Trap is innovative fuck you for thinking otherwise) but catchy as hell, I'm actually waiting for his album, that's how hooked I am on that goddamn song... But this shit? Terrible, trash, boring and repetitive as fuck...

Wanna know how bad? I can make it. Yeah it's terrible when a top level industry producer with all the high quality equipment in the world makes something that a guy with a laptop and Fruity Loops could do. Oooh I'm so angry, and I ain't even done yet.

Chaerin-ssi... Can I ask what was going through your mind when you wrote--

"Phone calling I'm pressing red, only red cup that's in my hand..."

Cute. BUT WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!

I get that you mean that you're ignoring calls and getting turnt on some goose juice but there are so many better ways to write that... And I get that she is Korean and English ain't her first language, but if she wants to take on the American Market, especially this part of it? People are gonna be less forgiving about her lyricism than I am.

People underestimate how much people listen to the lyrics of some trap songs you know? Most people have this mindset of as long as the beat bangs I don't care what they're saying, but so many people have called out Rick Ross for his bullshit that he fell off for the longest time.

Also this beat doesn't bang... The production here is awful, why does CL sound like she's in the shower rap-singing this shit? Only red cup in your hand is Radox bitch! (Joking I love you really, keep slaying).

Also to the people who like OG Maco... why? Only song he's ever made that bangs is the ironically named "U Guessed It" because most of y'all probably guessed that I was gonna pick that song.

My standards for what defines a rapper have somewhat diminished due to the influx of absolute horseshit rappers finding new lows of mediocrity so I sort of give rappers like Lil Wayne, Drake and Tyga a little slide by saying, "Well at least they come up with some sort of rhyme scheme or at least they have some depth or poetry to their lyricism".

OG Maco is making me wanna give guys like Rae Sremmund (I probably didn't spell it right, don't give a fuck so) and 2 Chainz a little slide by saying, "At least these motherfuckers stay on beat...".

RULE FUCKING ONE OF RAPPING, KNOW HOW TO ACTUALLY FUCKING RAP!

OG Maco sounds like Migos if he tried rapping backwards, drunk and high off of fifteen bags of weed and two bottles of vodka, in the middle of trying to duck and weave a Mexican Cartel shootout with the KGB and the FBI. Yep that terrible.

And Riff Raff... well for what he's worth he did a 'good' job.

Long story short, if you love CL so much that you're willing to let her rape you ears with this shit? Be my guest.

But I personally will not support a song like this because it reinforces positive feedback that she should go in this kind of direction for her releases, which she really shouldn't.

She's on the same label as Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen and Ariana Grande... could she not just do a feature and get known that way? I mean it worked for countless amount of people we love so far...

Kendrick got his start when The Game put him on his track, Tori Kelly got a lot of exposure from Professor Green (although her Youtube Career prior helped tons) and let's not forget that one of the biggest names in music Eminem got his shine when a producer from Compton took a little shine to the white boy from Detroit and thus changed the stance on race and culture for a whole genre...

Kind of like what CL is not-so-discretely trying to do... Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment