Tuesday 18 August 2015

Unpretty Rapstar Returns?

We are not a team, this is a competition~
Oh Jessi, did you ever think that this would happen?




Now I have done no coverage of Season 1 on this blog whatsoever so y'all wouldn't know this but I freaking love this show!

The drama, the side-eyes and shade and the glorious, GLORIOUS, editing! (Also San E being a perv gives me lung failure from how hard my sides hurt).

So you can imagine how I feel about a Season 2... I'm absolutely petrified of how horrible it might turn out.

To any fans of the show that love it for what it was in Season 1? Don't watch Season 2, it's gonna be completely different, less organic, they're gonna have different challenges and make changes that you ain't gonna be fond of.

Also the cast is completely different (except for rumours about J-to-the-Ace, but she was a Replacement Scrappy at best).

Queen Cheetah won't be slaying life with her bad self, Jessi isn't there to give us that attitude and Tymee and Jolly V aren't there to give us Beef Steak Tuesdays at the Unpretty Rapstar Lunchroom (Although that last one could be considered a blessing as well as a curse).

My point is, this is gonna be a different show when it returns, and I'm looking forward to how it's gonna turn out.

Furthermore some cast members have been confirmed so permit me to introduce them to all twenty of you reading.


Yubin from Wonder Girls.


Hyorin from SISTAR.


Yezi from Fiestar


Queen Gilme the Awesome


Kasper the Dope Duchess


Ahn Soo Min. (This is all I could find of her... She's good though).

And finally...


Kitti B.

Some other names have been thrown around but I'm not gonna say anything until they're confirmed (with the exception of J-to-the-Ace, who I have no doubt will be coming back).

All of this cast look promising talent wise, however I'm worried that the writers will attempt to shoehorn Yubin as another Jimin (I honestly don't see Hyorin playing that role, especially seeing as she is a competent rapper in her own right and has shown self-confidence in that regard).

Also I find Kitti B interesting because her tracks remind me of Lil Cham's... She appears to be a progenitor of Swag Rap, let's just hope she isn't a studio swag rapper. However it isn't helping her case that other than "I'm a Woman" this is the only song I found of hers to be bearable to listen to.

Sigh... Let's just hope this season doesn't turn out to be a bust, they're planning eleven rappers instead of the eight they had last season, and the basics of running a show is that when there is more cast members, there is less chemistry between them. Variety or otherwise.

Please be good, or if not please have Jessi return. kthxbai.




2 comments: